Thursday, September 9, 2010

Door to Door Organics

Well I am chock full of awesome issues these days and I have to really watch my diet.  I have found it next to impossible to get to the grocery store with the two kids to get fresh, healthy fruits and veggies.  Let me paint you a picture of our usual shopping trips.

First, I have to get both kids ready and sloooowwwwwwllllyyy walk down three flights of concrete stairs because Little Man is learning to do outdoor stairs independently.  Yet I still hover around him because those stairs are more than brutal and I can't stand the thought of him breaking something. Half and hour later we are in the car.

Second, the store.  If you have two or more little kids you know that they are never well behaved at the moments you really need them to be.  Forget about checking over the produce to find the best with two screamers and a ton of dirty looks.  So we race through the store and no doubt end up with a lot of frozen and processed foods.

Third, the trip up the stairs.  Because I don't have a garage attached to my home or anything I have to carry the kids and anything else I purchased up the death stairs all at the same time.  So picture a wiggly, screaming toddler, a floppy baby, and several bags of groceries.  I am half way to the nut house by the time I am in the door.

Needless to say I was pretty excited when I saw a Facebook post about a friend who was trying Door to Door Organics.  I looked it up and the price is more than reasonable (same as I pay at the farmer's market) and they deliver.  So no juggling kids and groceries and pulling my hair out just to get nourishment.  Plus, this would ensure that I would eat what my body requires.

I got our first box today and it was full of beautiful organic produce.  Plus, they let me make substitutions to our box so the Hubbs got the avocados he craves.  I am so excited to start making healthy, fresh meals and start feeling better all around.  I think everyone should give this a shot if they are in a delivery area!  (plus, if you search Google, there are plenty of coupons to save you money!)

Have any of you tried anything similar?  I'll keep you updated on what I make with it.

(Today I made a toasted chicken sandwich with an avocado relish for Hubb's work lunch.  It looked so yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment