Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Wednesday Word

Have you heard the Jason Grey song "More Like Falling in Love"? I hear it on K-Love all the time, but this week I have actually started listening to the lyrics. I sing along with the songs all the time, but all too often I don't pay attention to what it is I'm singing about. The chorus just hit me.
"It's gotta be
more like falling in love
than something to believe in.
More like losing my heart
than pledging my allegiance"

When we fall in love (whether it is a husband, boyfriend, or even a new baby) what do we do? We tell everyone! It occupies our every thought and is a part of everything we do. We post endless pictures of this person on every website imaginable and tell our friends every little thing about this person. We just can't get enough! So why can't our faith be like that?

I have fears at times when expressing what I believe in. I always worry that I'll be viewed negatively or lose a friend (heck, even an acquaintance!). What I should be doing is shouting it from the rooftops in hope that others will fall in love with Christ as well and stand side-by-side with Him in Heaven.

So that is my goal - to try and fall back in full-on love with my Savior and not be afraid to tell everyone about him and how much he really does love us all. I need to get over these silly fears because, really, people won't hate you for what you believe. I greatly love people who have fundamentally different beliefs than I.

So let's fall in love with Him again. It's not something thats there to just "believe" in for the sake of believing in something and I need to stop treating it that way when I truly have faith. What about you? Will you join me?

Jeremiah 31:3 (New King James Version)

3 The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying:

“ Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.

Bible quote from BibleGateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment